No permission to enter Skyview Ranch, 841 Canyon Creek Rd, Nicholson, BC is granted unless all of the below conditions are fulfilled and agreed to prior to the use of the property for any activities including, but not limited to the landing of hang gliders and paragliders.
1. SIGN THE WAIVER BEFORE FLYING. PILOTS ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO ENTER OR LAND AT SKYVIEW RANCH IF A SIGNED WAIVER AND PROOF OF CURRENT HPAC MEMBERSHIP AND LIABILITY INSURANCE IS RECEIVED AND ACKNOWLEDGED BY EITHER THE LANDOWNERS, DOUG KELLER AND KAREN KELLER OR THE WILLI XC OPEN MEET OFFICIALS. The waiver is available here. https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/6uxgeixnfnnrrnmx8cxntj/web/
2. Enter at your own risk. No warranty is made or implied as to the safety of this area for aviation landing, hiking, cross country skiing or any other purpose. This is unimproved agricultural land and there are many safety hazards known and unknown including but not limited to trees and vegetation, domestic and wild animals, insects, uneven ground including animal burrows, residential buildings and fences, water wells, power lines and wind indicators. By entering this property you are accepting and assuming all risks.
3. Respect the Neighbors. When entering and exiting the property drive slowly over the cattle guard and don't make too much noise when near the community.
4. Do Not Speed. Please observe and do not exceed the speed limit while on the property or within the community of Nicholson.
5. Avoid the Residence. Respect the privacy of the owners, Doug and Karen. Unless invited or in the case of an emergency, do not approach their residence.
6. Don’t Drive on the Fields. Always keep vehicles on the roadway within the property or in the designated parking area at all times. When crossing the gap in the trees always check both ways for gliders on final approach before proceeding.
7. No camping or overnight parking.
8. No littering. This includes beverage containers, cigarette butts and all other trash. This land is used for grazing cattle and the any kind of trash can be hazardous. Take your trash with you.
9. No fires or open flames.
10. Smoking only permitted in the designated smoking area. Any smoking materials must be disposed of in a fireproof container provided in the designated area.
11. Dogs must be leashed while on the property. Dogs can cause the cattle to be injured on the barbed wire fences. This is also a private residence and bird and wildlife area that we do not want disturbed.
12. If there are cattle in the field please avoid them when landing.
13. No tandem flights unless prior permission has been obtained. Tandem passengers on approved flights must also sign the waiver.